Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SOC101 RW #11

RW #11 - What are some of the values you hold most dear? How did you come to have those values? Do any of your values contradict with one another?


One of the core values which is of the upmost importance in my life is value of family unity. I have been married for 2 ½ years and we have a 6 month old son. They are the most important thing on this earth to me. More important than my career, education, house or any ideal or material thing that I may possess. My family is the reason I work hard, seek an education, and pay for a house so we live more comfortably. This sense of family value was instilled in me in my youth. As important to me that my small family is, my paternal family is equally important; just as my wife’s family is to her and to us. We were raised according to another core value we hold dear which is our religion. Our religion’s main focus is that families are forever, in heaven just as they are on earth. I consider it such a blessing to be part of a family that knows how important it is to stick together throughout the good times as well as the bad. I am a firm believer that this value has molded me into the man I am today.

No comments: