Thursday, February 5, 2009

YAY!! Blowing Glass Again!!

Well I am very fortunate indeed, and there are truly some very kind individuals left in this world. A friend of mine whom I haven't seen in about 3 years has been very hospitable to me recently. After he found out that I was longing to blow glass again he offered me some space in his studio, to come and blow glass with him. This is such a wonderful opportunity for me, and I am truly grateful for the kindness this Friend has shown me. His studio is a short drive from my house, and I am able to go blow glass a few days a week for a few hours at a time. I Really LOVE to blow glass. It is so awesome to get back behind a torch and dance with the flames the torch produces. Blowing glass is truly my artistic passion. It is so nice to be able to blow glass again, and not have to worry about having to produce glass to pay the bills. This opportunity is allowing me to really enjoy glass once more.
The more time I spend behind the torch the more I remember about how glass moves; as it transforms solid glass into liquid glass, and then back into a solid. Glass is such a unique artistic medium. With glass an artist can create 3D forms which are only limited by the artists imagination and skills. If a glass artist has enough skills the glass grants him or her the ability to create anything imagined.

I have decided for now to focus on making glass pendants to be worn as jewelry. Glass jewelry is so beautiful; it is even more stunning when viewed in the sunlight. The color combinations are endless. There are so many wonderful and beautiful colors to chose from, and most artists enjoy mixing these colors together with a plethora of techniques to get the effects they envision.


No comments: